...Radiating the light for others to see.

Spiritual

How to Know God Personally




If your life were to end in the next hour, where would you spend eternity?
You only get one choice of places but the choice is yours. It is not determined by fate, but by your personal decision. God wants you to live with Him in heaven. But you can choose to live without Him in that other place. I can't begin to tell you what a horrible eternity that would be. On the other hand, eternal life in heaven is going to be awesome!

The Bible tells us clearly how to choose to live with Him in eternity:

Romans 3:23 tells us, “all have sinned and fall short of the glory (perfection) of God.”  This means all of us have done wrong. No one is perfect¾including you and me. The problem with sin is that it has separated us from God, who loves us and wants fellowship with us.

John 3:16 says God so loved the world (you), that He gave His only Son for you. God loves us and is merciful but He is also Holy and must punish sin.

Ephesians 2:8-9 says it is by grace are you saved (forgiven) through faith and this is not from yourself, but it is a gift from God. It is not accomplished through works. If that were the case, we could boast about earning our way to heaven. Religion is not good enough; our best efforts are still not enough. Jesus paid the penalty of sin for us as a free gift, which we must accept in order to go to heaven. There is nothing we can do to save ourselves¾not good works, not by joining a church, not by family relationships. We are simply not good enough to save ourselves. But there is a way. What is it? I'm glad you asked!!!

Romans 6:23 tells us the consequences of our sin. “The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through JESUS CHRIST our Lord.” God offers us forgiveness of sin when we put our faith in JESUS CHRIST.

In John 14:6 Jesus said, “I am the way the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but by me.” He is our only way to God. The good news is that JESUS died on the cross, was buried in a tomb, but on the third day He rose again and now offers us life in the Father (eternal life).

God placed all our sins on Jesus, and He alone paid the penalty for our sins through His death on the cross. There is no other religious figure or person who has ever done that for you, who ever wanted to or who ever could. The choice is yours. You may receive JESUS CHRIST where you are right now and receive God's free gift by praying this simple prayer, if you sincerely mean it:

“God, I am a sinner and I need your forgiveness. I believe that CHRIST died for me and paid the penalty for my sins. I trust in him as my only way to eternal life. I am willing to turn from my sins and invite you to come into my life as my personal Savior. Please fill me with your Spirit and make yourself real to me. Amen”

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

If you prayed this prayer and sincerely meant it, God has answered your prayer by giving you eternal life. Welcome to the family of God! If you were to die today, you would wake up in His presence for all eternity. That is the promise Jesus gave in John 6:47, “Truly, truly I say to you, he who believes in me has eternal life.”  What's also exciting is that you have begun to live a brand new life right now that you never thought possible. Eternal life is both here and hereafter. Here on earth, God has promised his joy, peace and presence. In John 10:10 Jesus said, “I have come that you may have life and that you may have it more abundantly.” Hereafter, God has prepared an eternal home for you. As Jesus discussed heaven in John 14:2-3 he said, “....I am going to prepare a place for you,... that where I am, there you may be also.”

Your life will be different now. God will give you strength to obey Him and serve Him. He will adjust your desires so you can do what is right. The Bible says, “If any person is in CHRIST, old things are passed away and all things become new.” (2 Corinthians 5:17)  Begin to grow in your Christian life by reading the Bible every day and talking to God in prayer. Share your decision to follow Christ with a pastor or Christian friend right away.

About Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.