...Radiating the light for others to see.

TRENDING

LESSONS FROM ABA .....Part 1

  Umuahia Imo Border 




LESSONS FROM ABA
"We all are travelers. She needs a break. He's going for his trade. I am going to passion."- LFA 101
Plans changed at some point during my take off. I had to opt for an immediate way out since I couldn't meet the only early morning bus at Bolade, Oshodi. I had issues with the ATMs there and was consequently faced with the options of traveling with the night bus or boarding one outside the park. I'm not scared of nights. But my parents are. So I chose to join one of the buses at Toll-gate, 7up to Onitsha.

The long awaited journey has started.

I'm at the extreme back seat with three other passengers. The woman at the left window-side seat just said she's sick and wouldn't tolerate the 'Agbero's wahala". She's threatening to come down and have the black, smokey-eyed *Agbero with a very strong Igbo accent refund her money if he insists on ramming four of us in the back seat like Sardine. She must be brilliant. She has a fine spectacle on. She must have read too many books at night that spoiled her sight. Or that's what people think
I'm just here. One passenger away from the right window. I would have loved the window-side seat for such a distance ahead but everybody loves it too. So I'm here; listening to everything. From one of Chioma Jesus's mighty track oozing out of our bus's sound system to Steve Crown's 'You are great' intruding from the shop ahead, the buses running by to my own heart beat. The songs seem to make the atmosphere feel thicker above my head. It feels like some kind of anointing. I think it is. Maybe it's not. Maybe I'm just feeling the Holy Spirit closer because of this distance- Lagos to Aba is not beans. Even this Mama at the window-side seat knows that well. She's been counting her Rosary beads since I joined this bus.

'Common keep kwayat you this foolish gial. Do you even know who you are tokin toe?'...

"Your mother is a fool!"


"Ahhhhh!. His mother?"

This mama at the right window-side seat breaks in. She's been trying to mind her Rosary *business. But the young, petite lady appears to be more *expensive so she's shifting *investment.

With an accent almost as strong as the Agbero's, she lashes the young educated woman. "Is it his mother that offend you?" She's saying something in Igbo that I'm not getting.

Ok! I think i know what she's talking about. She just said a long sentence that ended with '...respect'.
I'm just here. Respecting myself like the other passengers after our roll. But chai! This Catholic Mama just tapped my shoulder the fourth time. She's telling me something very very important. Or it's just the way the veins on her face and neck are growing longer like the root of an Iroko tree.

 I think it's very important. But what's more important to me right now than seeing the driver sink into his seat and start the engine. I'm just nodding my head.

It's 1:15pm. 'Time is ticking fast... or it's the beat of my heart....

to be continued...read the part 2 by 11: oo am

About Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.